If you have not returned the forms noted below (1 & 2) please do so ASAP with all attachments to the parish office
Further, every candidate must also register online.
* We are already a quarter of the way into our program,
thus if your son/daughter hasn't already attended,
they will be welcome to join us in 2020/2021 so that they
can experience the full program *
** Please see FAQs at the bottom of this page **
St. John of the Cross Parish - Nessinger Hall
Session A: Thursdays, Twice a Month (Oct-Mar)
Session B: Saturdays, Twice a Month (Oct-Mar)
1) Candidates are to sign-in *before* the start times
2) Candidates are to attend all sessions;
attendance is tracked
3) They may attend Session A or Session B according to preference or availability, as the same lessons are taught.
NOTICE TO GR6's GOING TO GR7 in SEP
Were sent out in June 2019 Report Cards for Grade 6's
Candidates are to provide 20 homily reflections
to the Youth Minister either from Sunday Masses
at St. John of the Cross or any other Catholic church
* The first 10 must be completed before Christmas *
* The final 10 must be completed by the final session *
RECONCILIATION & RETREAT DATE
All Confirmation Candidates are to attend:
Sunday September 20, 2020, 6:00pm-9:00pm
REHEARSAL & CONFIRMATION DATES
All Candidates & Sponsors are to attend:
(If dates change due to the CV, all families will be notified)
Rehearsal: Monday September 28, 2020, 6:30-7:30pm
* Confirmation Day: Wednesday October 7, 2020, 7:00pm
Rehearsal: Monday September 28, 2020, 8:00-9:00pm
* Confirmation Day: Thursday October 8, 2020, 7:00pm
Rehearsal: Tuesday September 29, 2020, 6:30-7:30pm
* Confirmation Day: Tuesday October 13, 2020, 7:00pm
* Bishop Boissonneau will celebrate the
Sacrament of Confirmation for our candidates.
Comprehensive. Relevant. Effective.
Calls teens to a personal encounter with Jesus Christ.
Fully equips & prepares teens to receive the grace of Confirmation
Visually stunning, fast-paced videos, filmed in more than 50
locations throughout the U.S. and internationally.
Features twelve top youth experts presenting The Faith
in new and unexpected ways.
An effective methodology based on the RCIA model
(i.e., pre-evangelization, evangelization, catechesis, & discipleship) & grounded in the Catechism and Scripture.
Connects with teens and inspires them on multiple levels —
intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually.
Please watch with your family.
*** Please read through the forms in their entirety and watch the 'Confirmation Parents Session' Video above which should answer most questions.
Below are answers to some common questions we have been receiving in the office:
Note: How to best contact the ROC Director (Ante) is by email, email@example.com. If you would like to discuss something over the phone, please note that in your email and you will be called.
1. Where do we return the forms?
2. Where can I get more copies of the Mass Reflection Form?
A Word Doc can be downloaded via the link above.
3. Can parents and/or sponsors come to the bi-weekly sessions?
Yes, they are more than welcome.
4. What happens if we have family travel plans or the candidate is ill?
Parents are to email in advance notifying us of the issue.
5. Where can we get a Catholic Bible?
St. Joseph Workshop (259 Traders Blvd E #12, Mississauga, ON L4Z 2E5) has a fantastic selection.
This is the clearest guide to choose a Catholic version according to what literary style you prefer:
Amazon has many options for each of these versions.
6. What if the sponsor lives out of province and cannot make the Confirmation Day?
The chosen sponsor will still be the Sponsor in our records, and a proxy from our team can stand in the day of.
7. Is there a deadline to register for EDGE? (Grades 5-8)
No, there is no deadline. Our ROC candidates are welcome to join anytime.